Le mot de l'équipe
Le Quartier a réouvert ses portes !
Toutes les sections ne sont pas encore présentes car nous travaillons dessus. Mais rassurez-vous, notre priorité est de continuer à vous proposer des téléchargements. C'est donc la partie sur laquelle nous nous concentrons le plus actuellement.
En attendant, n'hésitez pas à lire (ou relire pour les habitués) tous nos articles, à découvrir notre chaîne YouTube, ou suivre l'avancement des travaux sur les réseaux sociaux ! Et bien sûr, retrouvez nous comme toujours sur le Café Forum !
Consultez un article au hasard...
|Sims 2: Apartment Life Interview (EN)|
APARTMENT LIFE (END) ENGLISH VERSION
Thanks to The Sims Team to take care of us, to answer to our questions, especially to Andrea Wendland, Sherrie Dandan, the Community Managers, Bim Majekodunmi - Lead Producer, Lakshmi Jayapalan - Lead Designer and Shannon Copur - Senior Producer, for this EP (and also to all the ones we see during the 2 days and work yet in the video, the sound....) for their patience in front of all that questions. They really are nice to keep smile during so many time.
More informations about the new EP
- How do you have the idea of this EP ?
A lot of the community members live in flats and have requested them to make a pack with Apartments. So it's a thing The Sims Team really wanted to make. Players want to be able to have many Sims in the same place, visit them and see them visit your Sims. Neighborhood relations are a big part of our life, so why not in the Sims ?
- Do you want to prepare players to take care of a big district, like in The Sims 3 ?
That was not the intention of this pack.
- The new stuff for pet can be used by a cat or a dog ?
The new stuff for pets cannot be used by the normal cats and dogs. It’s for a new cute pet, like the bird (regarding the action Sims can do with).
- For the music, how do you made Simlish songs ?
It's different if the song already exist or not. When it's a translation of an existing song, EA translate it to Simlish, give the lyrics to the band / the singer who record it in their studio and give back to EA.
When you have an object using to sing (like the microphone in that EP or the Karaoke in Night Life), it's directly recorded in EA studios...
Just have to put it in the game !!
- For the build mode, what else can you say ?
We really want to show real classes, even in The Sims, from the low class to the high one (for example, if the Hasseck family lives in that EP, they are part of a low class, and the Goths (?) are one of the richest families), with some new areas, really different district decorations (like broken cars in an alley, grand statue...). And more the flat use some expensive furniture, more the rental is expensive.
- We cannot change a lot of things when a Sims rent an apartment ?
No, it’s right, you can only change the floors and the walls, and also the furniture. But there is a cheat code to access the construction menu (stairs, windows, inside doors, fences…) : “apartmentbuildRestriction on / off”
- There is some new hidden skills ?
Yes... Try for example the break dancer who teaches your Sim how to break dance, and feel more and more confident. Or look what you can do with the microphone...
- Can we have a home business in buildings ?
In shared building, you cannot make an home business (I think there is too much complicated for the AI of the game, specially if you control more than one family on the lot).
About the Social Groups
- About the new NPC Townies, what can you say ?
There are 5 different groups. We want to show different classes, from the low class to the high class ones...
Each group has a special greetings and a main interest (2 new interaction menu)
- the “gear heads” who wear leather jackets.. A kind of bad boys/girls... They are interested in Mechanics and their greeting is the “tough handshake”.
- the “jocks” are interested in Sports. I see men with painted body, and women with sport outfit (like in University EP). Their greeting is “high five”.
- the “techies” have clothes with futuristic features, they like tech goodies and they have the greets “fake out”. Their main interest is Computers.
- the “bohemians” are interested in Arts and dress like the actual bohemian for ladies, man clothes fare coloured. Their greet is the “earthy hug”
- the “socialites” at least are the high society (the “posh-posh-posh”), dressed in the last fashion. They are interested in Economy of course... Their greets ? “kiss kiss darling” !
- Is the Sims can be part of a social group?
The families you create do not fall into a specific social group. Player Sims can make friends with social group townies, but not actually become members of the social group.
- How do we know that a family is already moved into a lot ?
There is a new building icon, turning on top of an apartment building that lights up when a family has already been moved in (like in Bon Voyage for the hotel with the bed, in Open For Business for the commercial lots owned by a playable character).
- What happen when you want to put a family in that lot ?
When a family arrives in a lot already inhabited by another (or more) families, you have a new screen and you can choose if you want to join a existing family or put the new one in a free apartment (only if you have less than 4 families already controlled).
If you want to join a family and if there is more than one family controlled in the lot, another screen ask you which family you want to merge.
If the flat you choose is already rent by a NPC family, the NPC leaves (like in University when you add a student in a dorm).
- A new type of relation exist with the flat ?
Yes... You can ask for a roommate when you don’t have a lot of money and a empty room. You place a advertising by the phone. Sims call you after and you can see their skills, personality.... Look well on this last information, because you can gain a lot of thing (a free maid if he / she is very clean for example).
You don't control the roommate (his / her picture is placed like the one of pets (Pets) or invited person (Bon Voyage)), but you can see his / her needs.
You can see the satisfaction of your roommate. If he / she's happy with you or not... He /she can leave if you have bad relationship, you can kick him / her out at any time, even if it's your best friend. Of course you can fight with him / her.
The roommate help you to have a good reputation, but I don't know a lot about this new thing.
- We don't control him / her, so what happen ?
The roommate is non controllable but shares in the rent fees and can become a good friend or enemy.
- How did we share the rental with the roommate ? Is it half-half or more, or less ?
The roommates part of the rent is based on the size of the family. Roommates pay their share of the rent based on how many Sims are in the family. If you have 3 Sims and get a roommate, the roommate will pay 25% of the total rent. If the roommate is happy, they will pay rent on time, but there is a chance that an unhappy roommate won’t pay on time.
- Did we have to furnish the room for the roommate? If we don't, what happen? The reputation decrease?
It would be nice if you helped your roommate with some furnishings. The roommate may use your Sims furniture.
Your reputation will not decrease because you haven’t supplied any furnishings for your roommate. But every social interaction with Sims, including your roommate impacts your reputation.
- The roommate can organize some parties in the apartment?
Roommates won’t throw parties or invite guests over.
- Do we find back some special things of The Sims 1, like the magical tournament, the baby dragoon, collect the ingredient (how did they do that ?), take up a challenge with other witches...
We did not include any of these things from The Sims 1. While the witches are our occult for this back, we went a little crazy with all of the things we added for them. They are by far the most elaborate occult.
- Good and bad witches could become friends as normal Sims or it's more hard?
They can be friends, but it is harder. In addition, the NPC witches fight when they meet.
- Can kids and teens be turned into witches also? If not, why?
Teens can become witches. Children are too young to handle magical powers.
- Can a Sims study the 3 ways?
Yes, Sims can study Good, Neutral, and Evil magic.
- How he's dressed if he knows everything?
The Sim changes into a witch outfit and will change when their alignment changes. As the Sims alignment strengthens towards one side or the other, their skin will also change.
- Did the fact to be a good or bad witch affect the reputation?
For most players it will, however this depends on whether your Sim only studies magic and uses it to do good or bad. Being a good or bad witch won’t affect your Sim’s reputation. Casting good or evil spells on people will affect your reputation.
- Is there a spell to improve the work of the nanny? If not, could you imagine one?
There are some cleaning spells that could come in handy that will benefit the household.